Hellloo and Merry Christmas!!!!
There has been this huge trend with Washi tape, a Japanese cute patterned masking tape like thing, that can be used for scrapbooking, journaling, decorations, and crafts.
However…dun dun dun… it’s pretty expensive… like a few dollars for a small roll.
You know how you click on a really cool DIY but it includes all the materials you don’t have… well, here’s an easy DIY anyone can do in about 5 minutes.
However, I must admit, thisis sort of a DIY Sticker thing… but then again… washi tape is pretty much like a sticker… ENJOY!
*Try to read the instructions and not just the pictures because there are some helpful guidlines :)))
Step 1: Materials
- Liquid Glue (but if you’re desperate, stick glue should work)
- *Masking Tape
- But scotch or clear tape is okay
- Masking tape is more like Washi Tape because it’s re-stickable.
- Parchment, wax, or baking paper
- Scissors and/or Exacto Knife
- Old Paint brush (but again, if you’re desperate, just use a toothpick or something you can spread glue with)
- Cute paper or cloth with a pattern
- Some examples of cute household patterns: newspaper, old clothes, maps, printouts from the web, or you can even draw your pattern!
- Place your tape with the sticky side down to your parchment/waxy paper
- Turn your parchment paper over and mark where the tape is, so it will be easier to cut out
- Squeeze glue along your tape (it should be the non sticky side)
- *Use your paint brush to spread the glue to avoid bumps
- Stick your paper/cloth onto the tape with glue. The pattern you want showing should not be touching the glue.
- *Put something heavy on the paper. Wait for 30 seconds – 1 Minute ish for the glue to dry
- If needed, cut the excess parchment and patterned paper off.
- Now, all you have to do is when you need the tape, peel the parchment paper off and stick!
- *I recommend to make a thin slit with an exacto knife on the parchment paper only, to make it easier to peel the Washi tape.
- TA-DA!!!! Washi Tape Mission = Success!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY!!!!
I also used sort of the same method, except i switched out the glue for double sided tape, which works well too. I made this huge cookie sticker that is “laminated” with tape (lol when you are too cheap to buy stickers). Hey, big kids can have fun with stickers too 😀